These are just some of the actions that have been taken place in order to prevent Iranian Netizens from accessing the Web during the 4th of November:
- According to some sources from Iran, the internet speed has become too low and even when using ADSL, it is hard to open emails or display small size images.
- According to Emipmans blog, it seems that Yahoo messenger is inaccessible in Iran. Moreover, some proxy software such as Ultra Surf and the like are not working.
- According to Saitak, the Iranian government wanted to change the route (map) of protest by sending false emails to Iranian users.
- Also Saitak pointed out that some ISPs in Iran opened the access to Youtube and Facebook in order to identify and track users who are people upload video clips and other content.
- Saitak2 blog argued that the government has send warning SMS to people containing the following message: “by laws if you get involved in protest you will be identified and arrested.“
- According to Saitak2Mobile internet access has been blocked as well.
- More and more Iranian are reporting that a huge number of websites are being filtered. The amount of noises on foreign channel such as VOA, BBC Persian and so on is too high and they are inaccessible. People are also reporting that the SMS system does not deliver their massages, also the antenna coverage range is such low that people cannot call each other easily.
However as Balatarin shows, too many blogs and websites are being updated every second. They all try to cover the news and events. It is clearly seen that every Iranian user is trying to get involved in this event. They stay updated and organize their movement using blogs and social networking websites, such as Facebook.
Newly, the Green movement in Iran just launched a new web site called Green Chain that aims to Encourage bloggers who are supporting the movement to stay in touch with each other and guide them to publish mass texts i support for the movement.
The Iranian internet is almost filtered, proxy softwares do not work and Yahoo, MSN, G-Talk and even other sites such as meebo and so on are inaccessible. However, bunch of clips and news came out from Iran.
Here is a lis of some video clips covering the recent protest in Iran:
- >no to left no to right we want Iranian republic.
- Mehdi Karobi one of the leaders of Green Movement can be seen, was injured by Basij militants during the protest.
- Special Guard attacked people during the protest; too many people have been injured as a result of that.
- weapons and basij wouldn’t stop us anymore.
- another protest in Shiraz University
- Tehran University was also inflamed and students were protesting there as well.
- while basij tried to disperse people from the main square, protesters gathered in smaller groups in minor streets.
- Protesters shouting: “Khamenei is a murderer so his leadership is futile“.
- people helping injured youth who have been aggressed by basij.
- massive protest in Ferdowsi university in Mashhad, Khorasan .
- police officer attacking people, mostly women and students. Gunshot can be heard clearly.
- BBC: political prisoners should be freed..
- how police forces are treating Iranian people: here and here.
- and interesting video clip about what happened on November 4th.
Display more videos on Youtube by accessing this link
Or you can search “13 آبان” in Youtube.
According to (BBC Persian, there were huge protests in Tehran and other big cities of Iran. Reports from Iran pointed that people protested from other provinces such as Rasht, Isphehan, Zahedan, Kermanshah,Tabriz, Mashhad and Shiraz.
As witnesses reported, police, special guard and basij attacked people by tear gas; also batons and electrical shocks were used.
Moreover, more reports from Iran are saying that universities and school students are covering Teheran walls with green color, the symbol of the Green Movement.